Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Bookmark - Altered Spoon + Poker Chip






I made this bookmark from two altered poker chips and a wooden spoon. I used mod podge to attach a paper punched circle from a damaged book into the inverted center of the chip. The berry sprig and swan designs are from an inchies sheet I purchased from Deviant Scrap (Tumblefish Studio). Color was added to the designs with watercolor crayons and acrylic paints. Varnish was applied as a sealant. A wooden spoon (painted brown) is nestled between the chips. This slips into the book to hold your place while the poker chips rest on the top of of the pages. The poker chips are embellished with washi tape and two mini red gems.

I would like to enter this bookmark in the following challenges:

Crafting by Design - anything goes
Paper Pretties - #310 embellish it
Simon Says Wednesday - die cuts (circles)
613 Avenue Create - #72 anything goes
Crafting from the Heart - #19 anything goes


♥ Wendy


2 comments:

Aurora said...

Wow! I have to say that I love your book mark. Such a clever idea! Thank you for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create. Hope to see you back soon.
Cheers,
Aurora

Valerie-Jael said...

Great idea for a bookmark, it looks really pretty. Sorry I haven't been by this week, my computer is making my life rather difficult! Valerie