Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Winter Fun Chenille Stem Ornaments



I used two images from Gecko Galz to create these vintage chenille ornaments. Gecko Galz sell digital collage sheets, digital stamps and papers. They are very generous with their free images. Go to the site and grab the free images for the month of November. They also share images on their Fripperies & Butterflies site. There are some really cute winter inspired images up for grabs right now (click on link).

I resized the photos until the heads were the size needed and then I printed them out. I glued the heads onto cardstock and fussy cut them out. There are many tutorials on how to create a chenille stem doll. I just messed around and made mine and then looked up directions to make sure they looked right. Yes, that's how I roll. I used buttons to further reinforce the structure. Along with the buttons, the ornaments are embellished with glitter, pompoms and vintage looking trees.

I am entering these ornaments in the following challenges:

Gecko Galz - Very Merry Holiday Challenge
Charisma Cardz (10) - #43 anything goes
Paper Playtime - #23 sparkle
The Crafter's Cafe - #37 lots of embellishments
Crafting by Design - anything goes - twist of Christmas
Crafty Blogger's Network - Christmas
Stamping Sensations - Christmas
ABC Christmas - W is for winter wishes
Addicted to Stamps & More - #71 anything goes
Inky Impressions - #134 red & green


♥ Wendy

4 comments:

Sue said...

Such a cute fun project! Thank you for joining us at ATSM this week.

Annette said...

So cute. I love the trees in their hands.
Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge at the ABC Christmas Challenge.
Hugs
Annette - Netty's Cards
Proud to design for :
ABC Christmas Challenge,
As You Like It Challenge,
Top Tip Tuesday,
Pink Gem Designs,
The Stamp Basket, and
Stamp Fairy.
 

Lorraine A said...

Fabulous creations Wendy :-)

apologies, I am having to copy and paste my comments as I have tendonitis

thanks for joining us on the ABC Christmas Challenge
luv
Lols x x x

Anonymous said...

super cuties! Thanks for Playing along with us this time at ABC Christmas Challenge, hugs Samantha :0)