Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Poe Tag

Poe Tag
I made this shaped tag with Smeared Ink digis from the Quoth the Raven set. I love that set and have used it repeatedly. It is one of my Smeared Ink favorites. Check out the store for some great digital stamp designs.

I printed the raven out on a piece of design paper and then carefully lined it up on my cricut machine to cut out the shape. Three tries later and I got it! The tag is embellished with an iridescent seed bead, tulle, black feather, metal washer and some blood. Haha, not real blood...I mixed tacky glue with red paint.

TOP TIP - Mixing paint with thick tacky glue will give you a raised and bumpy texture. Mixed with white paint and a little glitter and you could make your own snow. An easy trick to add some texture to paint. 

I am entering this tag in the following challenges:

Quoth the Raven - anything Poe
Creative Card Crew - #21 birds
Top Tip Tuesday - things with wings
Crafty Creations - #191 photo inspiration
Card Crafters - black, white + one
Simon Says Challenge - dies + punches
Forever Night - #49 anything goes/metal
Pile it On - #42 shape card
Simon Says Stamp & Show - your favorite
LEJ - #25 gothic/dark

I hope you will have a chance to visit the above mentioned sites. The artwork you will find is outstanding!

~chasing paper whims~wendy

21 comments:

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

fabulous entry for our challenge over at Creative card Crew
Elaine DT

Lori said...

I love this.

Unknown said...

Cool tag and fantastic tip! I love the seed tulle you added to this, very clever. Thanks for joining our Things with Wings challenge at Top Tip Tuesday.

Remember you can enter up to 3 projects and 3 tips. Good Luck!

Deena Perreault said...

Wonderful tag Wendy!! Thanks for playing with us at Crafty Creations!
smiles,Deena

Lin said...

Great Halloween tag, Wendy!! Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge this week - good luck!

Borqna said...

Wonderful tag Wendy! BRAVO!
Good luck!

Shelley said...

awesome tag! love the pool of blood :D Thank you for playing along at Quoth the Raven xx

Glenda Atkins said...

Great tag Wendy and great tip too, I must try that when I want to add snow to a card! Love how you accented the raven especially the tulle, very effective! Thanks for joining us at LEJ Designs for our 'Gothic/Dark' challenge!

Joanna M. said...

Great tag. Thanks so much for joining in our "bird" challenge over at Creative Card Crew this time.

Steph said...

Fabulous tag, love the splash of red. Thanks for joining us at Forever Night Challenges this week.

Trish and Treasure said...

Thanks for playing in our Challenge this week at Card Crafters Circle. Love all your creativity and the card colour combination, wonderful tag!!!
Hugs Trish

Grandma Bonnie said...

Wendy, you are so very creative...i love your tag..i've not read the Raven..(shame on me, i know as my daughter and her husband are English teachers!)Thank you so much for joining us in our Black and White and one other challenge at Card Crafter's Circle!

Unknown said...

Fantastic Tag . Thank you for joining us at LEJ Designs and good luck in the challenge xx

Lisa Minckler said...

Adding the additional faux feather really makes such a huge difference. I love the way that looks and the blood spatters. Gorgeous tag with so much creativity!

Thank you so much for playing along with us at Top Tip Tuesday!
Remember you can enter up to 3 projects and 3 tips.
Have a great one!
Lisa xx

Helen said...

Fabulous tag!
Thanks for playing at Pile It On!
Helen x

Terry said...

Thank you for sharing your fabulous Tag with the DT from Simon Says Stamp and Show, love the bird and the colors that you have used for it. Hugs Terry xxxx

BethieJ said...

Your tag is WONDERFUL!!
Thank You for joining us last week at PIO! Have a GREAT day!

Susan said...

Wendy this is a great tag! love the tulle! Did you ever get my message that you were the runner up the last time you played at THE GAME? I hope you come back and play, you have til This friday for the current challenge.
Be well,
Susan

Wendy said...

Hi Susan...thanks for letting me know about The Game...I left you a message there earlier, lol! I hope to have time to enter the punch buggy challenge...I love Dezinaworld graphics and hope I have time to work up a project!

ike said...

Wonderful tag Wendy - love the added textures. Super :-) Thank you for playing along with us at Quoth The Raven. x

blackdragon said...

Love the fantastic textures Wendy.... thanks again for joining us at QUOTH THE RAVEN. BDx