Friday, May 11, 2012

Rock Pendant Necklace

Rock Pendant Necklace


Back of Pendant
Side of Pendant


I created this pendant for a contest/challenge on Craftster called "Rock Paper Scissors". The object was to use a rock and paper together. The scissors were to be used as a tool.

I used a flat rock I found in a bag from the $1 Tree. I then coiled magazine pages around the rock to create a bezel. I used a silver photo holder from the scrapbook supply section as a bail.  I then used a piece of paper from a water damaged book to cover the back. I decoupaged a design from Artchix Studio onto the front of the rock and added the words "paper rocks" that I printed on my computer. I love to collect and use all types of paper (yes, a paper hoarder) in my artwork.

I hope you like the pendant and try creating one of your own. If you are a member of Craftster, please vote for my necklace by May 16th.

No comments: