Monday, May 28, 2012

Cosmic Love Card

Cosmic Love inspired card

I created this fun card with a rubber stamp called Steampunk Emo Rio from Simply Betty Stamps. I stamped the image onto a piece of designed cardstock so I would have less coloring to do. I then colored parts of the image with chalks and colored pencils. I attached "Rio" to a copy of a piece of background paper I created using a magazine advertisement and the netting from a potato bag. The card is embellished with sequins, glitter, a feather and some tulle.

The Rock N Rolla challenge on Smeared and Smudged is to create an artwork based on the video/song "Cosmic Love" by Florence and the Machine. The video is great...I'm a fan! The song sticks in your head and the imagery is outstanding. Check it out!

I am also entering this card in the following challenges:

Bunny Zoe's Crafts - #24 anything goes
Smudgy Antics - embellish it
Forever Night - gothic photo inspiration
Aud Sentiments - any sentiment
Charisma Cardz - #20 no flowers allowed
Sassy Studio - #126 Hats off to you
Penny's Paper Crafty - #80 anything goes
Sweet Stamps - #66 anything goes

Thank you for looking at my submission. I hope you check out the sites listed above for some awe inspiring artwork!

12 comments:

Steph said...

Great card, I'm lovin' all the different textures. Thanks for joining us at Forever Night Challenges this week :)

Debs said...

Fab card - great textures.
Thanks for playing along with us at Charisma this week.
Good luck.
Debs xx

Cat's sCrap said...

Beautiful Card. Great job ! Congratulations !

Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week.

Hugs from France.
Catherine.

I Don't Do Straight said...

Lovely card.....cute image. thanks for joining us at Smudgy Antics this week :)

Shelly Schmidt said...

Fun Steampunk card- love all of the recycled elements you used! Thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Stamps this week!

Tori said...

Well done! I really love the colors and the use of the potato sack netting!

:)tOri

Monique's art said...

Awesome card, great textures an cute image, thanks for sharing at Smudgy Antics

Carissa said...

Fun card with so much texture. Thanks for joining us at Charisma.
Carissa

Unknown said...

Love your image! Thank you for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge Blog this time!

Chrizette
DT Member
Celestial Things

~Lady B~ said...

Super fun card! I'm loving the texture of the netting! Thanks for playing with Smudgy Antics :)

Croms' Cubby Hole said...

A super choice of embellishments for your card and a super cute image. Thank you for sharing with us at Smudgy Antics this week

lilyandthelotus.blogspot.com said...

This piece just amazed me all the labor you pt into it. It is wonderful and fun.
hugs,
susan s.